Tuesday 22 January 2008

BIG SKY DAY 2

Guess what it snowed all day today, the skiing has been superb its been warmer about -8c much better than minus 17c yesterday we decided against going to Moonlight Basin as the snow was bad on the mountain roads we will probably go tomorrow.

Its been a great day one of the wonderful things about skiing is the amount of different people you meet. Today whilst having a hot chocolate we met a chap from Sydney who is a pharmacist and owns a whole chain of discount pharmacies around Australia he is the same age as me and it turns out he is doing much as I am he's still got 23 days to go and is off to Colorado tomorrow. We had a good chat Cricket he boasted, Rugby I boasted, Football we both looked at one another enough said, now any time I'm in Sydney I've got somewhere to stay. Amazing I've only known the bloke half an hour and we exchanged our details ( not a bad bunch the Aussies).

Later riding a lift we met an old couple from Oregon who asked what we were up, to when told they could'nt stop telling us what we should see and where to go in the places we are off to, did you know that in Jackson Hole at this time of the year there are 1000s of migrating Elks (one for you Mike).

Tonight we popped out for something light to eat I decided on a pulled pork sandwich(what ever pulled pork is) with all the fillings anyway after taking the first bite I was wiping the mayonaisse off my left ear lobe and I noticed the chap opposite cleaning cranberry sauce off his glasses, eyebrows and wifes jumper this got us all laughing they were from Florida and after chatting for about half an hour we now have somewhere to stay the next time we are in Florida.

The one thing I always forget about when you live at altitude there are a few side affects sleeping is difficult, there's loss of appetite (which in my case is not an all bad thing) and your nose seizes up but the plus side is you must take on plenty off fluid so on that note I'm off to the hydration station COME ON ANGUS!!!!!!.


ANGUS ON A CRUISER
ANGUS ON A STEEP





No comments: