Monday 21 January 2008

BIG SKY

We finally skied today and it was great Big Sky is one hell of an area, today was cold but beautifully sunny the locals were telling us that they have not had so much snow over such a short time for many years lucky for us. It seems every where we have been so far people keep saying the last time it was like this was 1963 etc I hope it keeps up. The photo's below show how cold it was but also how beautiful check out the view from the restaurant window.
We ate out last night and I have come to the conclusion that within the next 10 years the Americans will have forgotten how to use a knife and fork. Virtually everything on a menu is designed to be picked up and is generally so big that the moment the first bite is taken 50% of the contents shoots up towards your right ear down the chin and fills the palm of the hand. The only places that offer a proper sit down meal seem to be very expensive, but overall the food is good albeit a bit samey( is this a real word).
The one thing I could'nt beleive is that I can't use my mobile here there is only one mast and my provider and their partners are'nt so I am relying on email and this blog to keep in touch with Lindsay and the girls .Tomorrow we are off to Moonlight Basin hopefully it will be it bit warmer.
Just read Mike's message very interesting can't wait to get to Utah and let loose all those facts in a bar somewhere your right about Janice maybe me and the Goose could get her out for a drink.

SERIOUSLY COLD




LONE MOUNTAIN



EASY GREEN









VIEW FROM MOUNTAIN BAR

No comments: