Monday 28 January 2008

JACKSON HOLE FINAL DAY

A bit of an anticlimax today the snow was that bad the mountain was closed as was most of the roads so no skiing or anything else.
To sum up Jackson in a few words would be impossible, first impressions as I said early is what is this? but after a while the spirit of the place seems to come through. Its name Jackson comes from a trapper who lived and worked in this valley the word hole equates to glen or valley, its hard to imagine living up here alone through a winter the isolation and cold must have been hard to bear, but I suppose what those early pioneers had which we still have today is the beauty of the place, the scenery changes daily on a sunny day fantastic, a day like today and yesterday menacing. After being here a few days I can understand why people came and stayed even today its still wild with all our technology its barely tamed.
Jackson has been a good experience and I am glad we came here. Tomorrow all being well we are off to Utah.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's us again. Well I'm sitting in my office looking at your photo's and thinking I must of taken a wrong turn in my life some where !!. The journey that you and Goose are taking is great and must be realy refreshing for you both. In fact I'm trying to get Jacquie to take up skiing URGENTLY but sofar no go although the carrot of a large case of wine is making Her think at the moment.

It all looks great although I dare say that the amount of snow during the day may be a bit miffing??

The blog is realy good and is keeping me from going "do lally flip" Keep going as I'm getting as much from the blog as you two are having fun.


love P & J