Sunday 10 February 2008

SUN PEAKS DAY ONE

Luggage still has not arrived Lindsay, Russ,Sue and the girls fully equipped for the mountain Goose and I still in cargo's and jeans. Have tried ringing Air Canada several times keep ending up with someone in Dehli or Bombay very nice people but don't seem to understand colloquial English, like I said can we bottom this out, who's bottom are we talking about sir? I'm not talking about bottoms! oh I thought you said bottoms? yes I did mention bottom but not in the sense of rear ends! rear ends? yes backsides! backsides? rear ends! rear ends? stop lets start again do you know where my luggage is? who's luggage ? my luggage! you mean Mr Bottoms? no not Mr Bottoms! who's do you mean sir ? Mr Killin! ah are you and Mr Bottom travelling together. At this point before I go completely gaga I hang up. Walk round hotel Angus following some what traumatised by all this talk about bottoms, Right!! decision made we will go out buy new gear and stick it too Air Canada, great idea however nothing in the stores our size or liking. At that moment mobile rings, Hello, is this Mr Bottom ? no this is Mr Killin, are you a friend of Mr Bottom? I was'nt but I am getting to know him by the minute! is Mr Nohim a friend of Mr Bottom ? (in one of those moments you breathe out whilst talking) Yess!!, w0uld you let him know his luggage will be with him inside the hour , yes of course ,is Mr Killin on on tour with you? yes, would you let him know all being well his luggage should arrive tomorrow, ok. It arrived tonight thank the Lord,
We ski tomorrow!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HOWDY YOU GUYS
HOPE ALL IS COLD AND SNOWY THERE
ALL IS COLD AND NOT SNOWY HERE
HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A LOT OF FUN NOW YOU ARE ALL TOGETHER
HEY KIDS, MAKE SURE YOU ALL BEHAVE UP IN CANADA AND DON’T BREAK NO RULES ON THE SLOPES, A WIZZIN HERE ‘N THERE LIKE JACKRABBITS
THEY GOT COPS CALLED MOUNTIES UP THEREABOUTS (HORSES, BIG HATS ‘N RED SUITS, HARD TO SPOT, SPECIALLY IN THE SNOW) AND THEY ALWAYS GET THEIR MAN IF YOU BE AN ORNERY CRITTER. I GOT CHASED FER RUNNING MA RIG THROUGH A RED LIGHT ON THE CALGARY TRAIL ONCE, (I WAS HAULING BARRELS OF MOONSHINE TER THE BORDER, MEKKIN ME A PRETTY PENNY TOO AS I REMEMBER ) THEY FINALLY RUN ME T’ GROUND SEVEN YEARS LATER UP IN THE NORTHWEST TERRITORIES WHERE I WUS A PANNIN’ FER GOLD, GOLD I TELL YER. (I ALSO DONE SOME WILD CATTIN ON A OIL RIG ON THE WAY. WE FOUND LOADS OF THAT BLACK STUFF BUT I DON’T THINK IT’LL EVER BE WORTH A PLUGGED NICKED, SO I SOLD MY SHARE FER A WIND UP GRAMAPHONE AN A POGO STICK )(STILL GOT THE GRAMAPHONE IFFN YER DON’T BELIEVE ME, RECKON THEY’LL CATCH ON ONE DAY)
ANYHOWS, THER WERENT MUCH GOLD LEFT BY THE TIME I BOUGHT A SHOVEL AN A PAN, NONE STICK OF COURSE (AND NOT ALOT DID!). SOME BUDDIES OF MINE MADE A FORTUNE BUT I ONLY CAUGHT TWO GOLD SOVRINS AN A SILVER CHARM BRACELET BUT IT WUS ENOUGH TER BUY ME SOME DYNAMITE FROM AN INJUN CALLED JOE TWO RIVERS, AND BLAST ME WAY OUT OF JAIL AND DOWN TO KLONDIKE KATES SALOON WHERE I GOT DRUNK ON SASPARILLA AN’ SOUR TOE COCKTAILS (I'LL GIV YER THE RECIPE WHEN I SEES YER NEXT, YER GOT TO USE REAL SOUR TOES).
ANYHOWS, I WOKE UP WITH A HELL OF A HANGOVER ON A WAGON TRAIN BOUND FER TEXAS WITH A COUPLE OF COWPOKES CALLED CROCKETT & BOWIE. THEY WAS A PAIR OF BANDITS, LOWER THAN A RATTLE SNAKES BELLY. THEY CHEATED ME AT POKER, AN I LOST MY RACOON SKIN HAT AN ME HUNTING KNIFE. I SKIPPED CAMP JUST AFORE WE HIT THE RIO GRANDE IN CASE THEY HAD THERE EYE ON ANYTHIN ELSE SUCH AS I HAD LEFT, AN’ I HIGHTAILED IT TER CALIFORNIA ON A GREYHOUND BUS BUT THAT’S ANOTHER STORY. (NEVER DID KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TO THEM GOODFERNUTHIN VARMINTS BUT I HAD ME A BAD FEELIN BOUT THEM BOYS)


YOURS FOR NOW
“HONEST” UNCLE BUCK